About Me

My photo
I haven't learned enough, I haven't drawn enough, I don't do enough and I plan to regret not doing as much stuff as I should've.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Maid of Darkness Process




So after so very long and the process that seems to never end, I think I'm done with editing this picture. I might work on it some more, but I doubt it because I have SO many other projects going on right now. I loved to have the chance to work on this for so long, ~been2hellnback let me colour her picture and I'm very grateful. This really helped me better understand SAI and using textures.


Heres a simple comment on each pic. :

1. Original Drawing from ~been2hellnback
The complexity of the drawing is what me compelled to colour it. ^^

2. Line Art
The line are was fun to do, except the hair, but working on it took maybe 2 or 3 hours with the SAI lineart tool. (I don't know how long it would have taken on PS, thank god I wasn't using that.)

3. First Simple Colour
I liked this one a lot but it was too cartoonish for me. I liked learning how to colour as a whole instead every little hair and detail.

4. Experimental Blur
I really just went insane with the blur/watercolour tools because I was bored. Then I was inspired to take it more seriously.

5. First Blur edit/texture
I changed the face and lighting, added the textures to the arms and dress.

6. Lighting/more hair and skin edits
I changed the hair in front of her face, gave a little more detail and more lighting. Changed the colour of the skin (which looks sorta gross, I notice now).

7. Pretty much the final product
I changed the whole colour template, added more textures, and cleaned up the edges.

8. Close up

The Lineart/ First Version and final product can be found in my gallery and the original is nyah - [link]

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pirate!
    Just thought I'd comment and thank you for following the dome.

    Also, I think the 'lisp with a lisp' comic definitely deserves to be lined and coloured, seeing as it's brilliant.
    Keep it up

    Tom

    ReplyDelete